We will need a dedicated team of medical volunteers to provide a range of healthcare services for everyone at GC2018 including athletes and team officials, technical officials, dignitaries, media, workforce and spectators.
Medical volunteers are required for pre-competition and Games time roles, from 20 March – 18 April 2018. As a volunteer, you may be allocated to the following medical teams:
- First response care at competition and non-competition venues
- Athlete Medical Facilities at competition and training venues
- Field of Play medical team
- Medical and healthcare services at the Commonwealth Games Village Polyclinic
- Medical clinics at non-competition venues
- Team physiotherapy program.
Roles will be allocated according to qualification, skills and experience. Volunteers may be allocated to one role or location, or be required across several areas.
All volunteers are required to complete a minimum of eight shifts, as well as a training session prior to the Games. Volunteers are encouraged to provide as much availability and flexibility as possible.
Who we need
The program will be delivered by a multidisciplinary team of volunteer medical and healthcare professionals, supported by medical administration staff, including:
- Sports and Exercise Physicians
- Emergency Physicians
- Primary Care Physicians
- Sports Physiotherapists
- Sports Podiatrists
- Paramedics, Medical First Responders and First Aiders
- Optometrists, Assistants and Technicians
- Dentists, Dental Assistants and Technicians
- Radiographers and Sonographers
- Sports Massage Therapists (Remedial Massage Therapists)
- Sports Trainers
- Medical administration and team support officers.